With the current very hot and sunny weather here in the UK, you might be wondering how to keep your home cool and comfortable without spending too much on air conditioning?
One of the simplest and most effective ways to do that is to use blinds and shading on your windows.
Here are some of the benefits of using blinds and shading in hot sunny weather.
- Blinds and shading can reduce unwanted solar heat gain through windows when it’s hot. According to statistics, about 76% of sunlight that falls on standard double-glazed windows enters to become heat. This can make your home feel stuffy and increase your cooling costs. By using blinds and shading, you can block and reflect some of the sunlight and keep your home cooler. For our Black Out Blinds range click here.
- Blinds and shading can also help you control daylight and glare. Too much sunlight can cause eye strain, headaches, and fading of furniture and fabrics. By adjusting the angle and position of your blinds and shading, you can regulate the amount of natural light that enters your home and create a more comfortable environment. For example, Visage Blinds are made up of two layers of soft fabric connected by horizontal sheer vanes that gently filter sunlight whilst maintaining different levels of privacy and UV protection as the blind is raised or lowered.
- Blinds and shading can provide privacy and security. If you don't want people to see inside your home, especially at night, you can use blinds and shading to cover your windows and prevent unwanted views. You can also choose blinds and shading that are opaque or have patterns or colours that match your interior design.
- Blinds and shading can help you save energy and money. By reducing the heat gain and loss through your windows, you can lower your demand for heating and cooling systems and save on your energy bills.
- Blinds and shading can enhance the appearance and value of your home. They come in a variety of styles, materials, colours, and sizes that can suit any taste and budget. You can choose to complement your existing décor or create a new look for your home. Add value to your home by improving its comfort, efficiency, and appeal.
As you can see, blinds and shading are not only useful for blocking out the sun, but also for improving the home in different ways. Make sure to consider your needs, preferences, budget, and climate. You can also consult with our sales team for advice on choosing the best blinds and shading for your home.
Why not get in touch today for more advice, information?
Or go to the Contact Page